• Home
  • Practice Areas
  • Our Team
  • Resources
  • News & Events
  • Clients
  • Contact

  • If you no longer were able to control your affairs, do you know whom the court would appoint as your guardian? Who would raise your children if you became incapacitated? We help you designate in advance a guardian, the person whom the court appoints to make decisions on your behalf, should you ever become incapacitated and need this vital advocate for your or your child's well-being.

    A preneed guardian is particularly important if you are involved in an unmarried relationship, or if your child does not have a legally-recognized second parent. Florida law tends to favor naming a blood or married relative as guardian, considering that to be in the ward's best interests. If you want someone who is not related to you by blood or marriage to be in charge of you or your child if you cannot care for yourself, you must put your wishes in writing.

        Revocable Living Trust
        Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
        Special Needs Trust
        Medicaid Asset Protection Trust
        Qualified Income Trust (Miller Trust)
        IRA Trust
        Preneed Guardian
        Health Care Surrogate
        Durable Power of Attorney
        Living Will
        Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders
        Charitable Trusts

    Your Caring Law Firm
    610 S. Maitland Ave.  Maitland, FL 32751
    (407) 622-1900

    Monday through Friday
    8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.